Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Introduction

I am the Local Liberal.

I'm creating this blog for three reasons:

A. This election is making me want to shout out the benefits of being on the left, and shout out about what the right is doing.

B. We seem to have more conservative blogs than liberal blogs in the Quad City area.

C. Our main liberal blogger, The Inside Dope, frequently sinks to the same kind of insults and name calling that come from the right wing people. He usually has good posts, but then the comments degenerate into insults back and forth. That's the kind of thing that makes regular people hate politics.

This blog will almost entirely focus on national politics, so those of you wanting to argue about Mike Jacobs or other local figures can probably just move along. I'm not dismissing local politics, but its just not where my interests lie.

2 comments:

Dave Barrett said...

Welcome to the cozy world of liberal blogging in the Quad Cities! I and the Inside Dope need all the help we can get!

Matt said...

thanks for point C, LL. i'm in the same camp as you - as i read that blog i say to myself, "this is important, and these are good points, but quit the childish name-calling... it doesn't do our side any good service."

welcome to the fray. i look forward to seeing what develops here.